We are always ready to welcome new Geckos
Based in our office in central London, we’re fortunate to work with some of the brightest and best in the streaming industry. Being a Gecko means getting involved with a diverse, challenging and interesting range of projects working with some of the biggest brands and agencies around the world. We’re a dedicated bunch but that doesn’t mean we don’t also like to have fun!
If you have experience in the streaming/webcasting or adjacent industries then you may want to consider joining our team.
If you are technical, an account manager or business development expert and are UK based, then send your CV, covering letter and salary details to email@example.com with the email subject CV.
We are currently looking for the following new members of staff:
WEBCAST ENGINEER AND CO-ORDINATOR
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the leading suppliers of streaming media and webcasting services in the UK. Groovy Gecko are recruiting a Webcast Engineer and Co-ordinator to work with clients to stream online video content live and on-demand. Clients include BP, BT, Microsoft, FaceBook, Jaguar, NSPCC, various football clubs, Canon, XBOX and Channel 4.
We pride ourselves on our relationships with our clients. We believe in being open, friendly, honest and fair to both our clients and staff. Working from our offices in Central London, this position would suit a support engineer, someone with a background in AV or a graduate with some experience in streaming and online video, looking to join an established but growing agency leading its field.
You will mostly likely love tech, but be a ‘people’ person with a professional, pro-active ‘can do’ attitude. You will love working in a team and enjoy the thrill of live events. You will absolutely have an excellent phone manner, good verbal and written communication skills and appreciate what it means to be punctual.
Reporting to the Technical Director the successful candidate will manage all technical aspects of live webcasts including:
– Basic webcast definition – including streams required for event
– Performing on-site and telephone bandwidth and streaming capability recces
– Configuration and testing of webcast pages
– In-house setup and configuration of webcast equipment to be taken on-site
– Live and on-demand testing of webcast equipment, streams and pages
– Packing and transporting of equipment for use on-site
– On-site equipment setup and configuration
– On-site testing of provided audio and video feeds
– On-site testing of webcasting equipment
– Co-ordination and delivery of on-site rehearsals
– Co-ordination and delivery of live webcasts to include managing encoders, audio and video feeds, slide synchronisation, Q&A moderation and polls
– In house monitoring of webcast rehearsals and live events
– Preparation and management of on-demand content for webcasts
– Managing all technical aspects of on-demand streaming and download delivery from account setup to delivery of statistics
– Providing first line technical support to customers
Note that this is not a ‘production heavy’ job, although AV and/or production experience is certainly a benefit.
You will be rewarded with the opportunity to work in a unique working atmosphere with the pioneers and constant innovators in webcasting. You must already be able to work in the UK. This position is based close to Old Street station with occasional UK and international travel and some unsociable hours as is the nature of supporting international brands and live events.
This position, post 11th Feb 2016, is available immediately. If you are interested in Getting Groovy, please follow these instructions:-
Send an email with attached a) CV of no longer than 3-4 pages b) signed covering letter with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of ‘Get Groovy : Webcast Engineer 2016/02’
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE. AGENCY CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE TREATED AS SPAM.