We are always ready to welcome new Geckos
Based in our office in central London, we’re fortunate to work with some of the brightest and best in the streaming industry. Being a Gecko means getting involved with a diverse, challenging and interesting range of projects working with some of the biggest brands and agencies around the world. We’re a dedicated bunch but that doesn’t mean we don’t also like to have fun!
If you have experience in the streaming/webcasting or adjacent industries then you may want to consider joining our team.
If you are technical, an account manager or business development expert and are UK based, then send your CV, covering letter and salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject CV.
We are currently looking for the following new members of staff:
Live Event Technical Webcast Project Manager
Having been established in 1999 we are one of the pioneers and award-winning suppliers of live and on-demand streaming media services in the UK working with clients around the world. Clients include BP, O2, Nike, AKQA, GHD, ARUP, Kaplan, Facebook, the UK Parliament and Warner Brothers.
We are known throughout the industry as a preferred employer with low staff turnover. This reflects an approach which is about finding the right people to join a truly different company. Our employees live by our corporate and personal values of being fair, honest, open, professional, and reliable.
Working from stylish new offices near Old Street this position would suit a confident and capable individual with at least two years’ experience looking to develop their career with new challenges by joining a growing agency leading its field whilst being a key member of a dynamic and committed team. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager and Team Leader and working as part of the webcasting and project team, the successful candidate will need to be an ‘organised juggler’ to fulfil this hybrid role of part Project Manager and part Webcasting Engineer. They will be addicted to those live event butterflies and be at ease at managing multiple live event projects with tight timeframes AS WELL as providing a technical webcasting role on-site They will liaise with other internal teams and 3rd parties to ultimately be responsible for successful webcast delivery.
This role’s responsibilities include:
– Providing project management for events and projects. Taking responsibility for the delivery of the project throughout its life and handing back to the account team post project.
– Managing the internal personnel and external supplier resourcing for projects.
– Being responsible for the project documentation, using project management tools and shared resources.
– Ensuring projects are delivered to scope, and where scope drifts communicating back to the account team thus adhering to our ISO quality improvement methodology.
They will perform:
– On-site and telephone bandwidth and streaming capability recces
– Configuration and testing of webcast pages
– In-house setup and configuration of webcast equipment to be taken on-site
– Live and on-demand testing of webcast equipment, streams and pages
– Packing and transporting of equipment for use on-site
– Co-ordination and delivery of on-site rehearsals
– Co-ordination and delivery of live webcasts to include managing encoders, audio and video feeds, slide synchronisation, Q&A moderation and polls
– In house monitoring of webcast rehearsals and live events
– Preparation and management of on-demand content for webcasts
– Manage all technical aspects of on-demand streaming and download delivery from account setup to delivery of statistics
The ideal candidate will preferably be a graduate but have at least two years’ experience in a similar role in a technical production or AV role, production management, technical project management and /or webcast engineering experience.
The ideal candidate will
– Have an understanding of online video and how it works.
– Have a basic understanding of video production.
– Be able to effectively manage their own time and priorities.
– Have an excellent phone manner, good communication skills both verbal and written and be punctual.
– Show initiative and have a positive, “can do” attitude.
– Be proactive and work together with management to continually improve our processes, help us innovate and increase customer success.
Groovy Gecko is an equal opportunities employer. You must already be able to work in the UK. This position is based close to Old Street station with occasional UK and international travel and some unsociable hours working as is the nature of supporting international brands and live events.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. AGENCY CORRESPONDANCE WILL BE TREATED AS SPAM.