About The Role
Salary : £26,000-£31,000 depending on experience + Paid Overtime + Discretionary Bonus + Phone subsidy
Working from new offices in Shoreditch / Hoxton this position would suit a confident and capable individual with at least two years’ Webcasting experience looking to develop their career with new challenges by joining a growing agency leading its field whilst being a key member of a dynamic and committed team.
Reporting to the Webcast Engineering Team Leader and working as part of the webcasting team the successful candidate will need to be addicted to those live event ‘butterflies’ and be at ease under the pressure that live event webcasting can bring.
A typical week might involve streaming live events (film premiers, car reveals, fashion and game shows) on location to multiple Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube); at a corporate client’s head office using Groovy Gecko’s award-winning platforms or at our London based MCR having acquired the live feed via Bonded Network, Video Conference units or Satellite Teleport.
- On-site ‘Recce’ testing of Internet and 4G bandwidth streaming capabilities
- Configuration and testing of webcast pages on various platforms.
- In-house setup and configuration of webcast equipment to be taken on-site
- Live and on-demand testing of streams and pages
- Operation of Webcasting equipment
- Packing and transporting of equipment for use on-site
- Co-ordination and delivery of on-site rehearsals, (basic Event Management)
- Co-ordination and delivery of live webcasts
- Managing encoders, audio and video feeds, slide synchronisation, Q&A moderation and polls
- In house monitoring of webcast rehearsals and live events
- Preparation and management of on-demand content for webcasts
The ideal candidate should have a background in AV Engineering, Broadcasting, or Technical Production with a good understanding of current streaming technologies and platforms.
They will love working in and building up the team with an excellent phone manner, good verbal and written communication skills and appreciate what it means to be punctual. This is a client-facing, technical webcasting role so the candidate needs to love tech, but also be a ‘people’ person with a professional, pro-active ‘can do’ attitude. Due to the nature of streaming live event some evening and weekend working will be required with occasional international travel. The ideal candidate would
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Have an understanding of online video and how it works.
Effectively manage their own time and priorities.
Show initiative with a proactive and flexible approach.
Follow and have a good understanding of current video production technologies
Have a working knowledge of streaming technologies (OBS, Wirecast, VMix, FMLE)
Have an excellent phone manner, good communication skills; both verbal and written
Possess good time management skills and punctuality
Have a proven ability to think logically and troubleshoot under pressure.
Be a good Team player who can work collaboratively and contribute to the team.
Show initiative and have a positive, “can do” attitude.
Be proactive and work together with management to continually improve our processes.
Help innovate and increase customer success.
Have a good level of computer literacy (Windows, Mac, Office Suite, Adobe Premiere Pro for Editing).
Have a rudimentary knowledge of networking.
- Groovy Gecko is an equal opportunities employer.
You must already be able to work in the UK. This position is based close to Old Street station with occasional UK, European and international travel and some unsociable hours working as is the nature of supporting international brands and live events.
Our employees live by our corporate and personal values of being fair, honest, open, professional, and reliable.
Salary: £26,000- £31,000 + Paid Overtime + Discretionary Bonus + Phone subsidy; dependant on experience