become a gecko.
Live Webcast Project Manager/Production Coordinator
The Key Bits ⚙️
- Location: Based in our London Hoxton / Old Street office
- Hours of work: 9.00 am – 5.30 pm, flexitime, work from home options
- Reports to: Project Manager Team Leader / Head of Operation
- Perks: Flexitime, company events, subsidiaries etc.
FIND OUT MORE
Groovy Gecko, webcasting pioneers need YOU! We’re looking to recruit a Live Webcasting Project Manager/Production Coordinator to help us support our expanding client base. Groovy Gecko, established in 1999, is one of the pioneers of live and on-demand streaming services in the UK and Europe working with over 350 clients around the world including Clients include Amazon, O2, Nike, YouTube, GHD, XBox, Cancer Research, Facebook, UEFA, Universal Music and Warner Brothers. Working both from our offices in Old Street and remotely, this position would suit a confident and capable individual looking to develop their career by taking on new challenges with a growing agency leading its field, whilst being a key member of a dynamic and committed team.
The Role 💻
You will be reporting to the Project Management Team Leader and working as part of the webcasting and project team. This exciting role will see you have a wide focus on corporate, social and broadcast clients. Working on a really wide range of projects from experiential, film premieres, music performances to large scale corporate. To fulfil the role the successful candidate will need to be highly organised, responsive and capable of running multiple projects simultaneously. You will be addicted to those live ‘butterflies’ and be at ease at managing multiple live projects and productions with tight time-frames. You will also appreciate that keeping detailed documentation and excellent communication is key to success of our productions.
You will also bring experience of live production management (real world or virtual) to the team and liaise with internal teams and 3rd parties to be ultimately responsible for successful webcast delivery.
The successful Project Manager job applicant will have brilliant people skills, turning any issues into learnings and coming up with solutions to put clients at ease. They’ll be proactive, have a great phone manner, with a dynamic, go-getting attitude. They will work well individually and as part of a team. They should be a punctual individual, with the ability to meet deadlines and have methodical administration skills of the highest standard.
The ideal candidate will preferably be a graduate (or similar qualification) and have at least two years’ experience as a Production Coordinator/Project manager working on live productions or running the live elements of webcasts. You will be adept at performing repeat processes for multiple events, whilst developing good relationships with each client you work with.
This role’s responsibilities include:
- Providing project management for live events and projects. Taking responsibility for the delivery of projects and handing back to the account team post project.
- Managing the internal personnel and external supplier resourcing for projects.
- Being responsible for the project documentation, using project management tools and shared resources.
- Keeping up with assigned company admin within agreed time limits.
- Ensuring projects are delivered to scope, and where scope drifts communicating back to the account team thus adhering to our ISO quality improvement methodology.
- Supporting the sales team with scoping new projects
- Be able to perform on-site production recces, source and book crews in the UK and Overseas, configure and test webcast pages, coordinate and deliver on-site rehearsals, in-house monitoring of webcast rehearsals and live events, and prepare and manage live and on-demand content for webcasts.
Key Skills & Knowledge Required:
- 2-3 years’ experience as a production coordinator/manager
- Have a thorough knowledge of online video and how it works
- Have excellent knowledge of live and pre-recorded events
- Have an excellent understanding of video production
- A growing book of contacts for crew’s world wide
- Be able to effectively manage their own time and priorities
- Excellent client handling skills
- Have some experience of quoting, managing budgets and delivering to tight timescales.
- Be computer literate, knowing how to quickly and precisely use MS office.
- Show initiative and have a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Be proactive and work together with management to continually improve our processes, help us innovate and increase customer success.
There may be some unsociable working hours as is the nature of supporting international brands and live events along with occasional UK travel.
If you fit the candidate profile above and would like to be considered for the role, please send your Covering letter and CV online to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note: you must already have existing eligibility to work in the UK.
This company is an equal opportunities employer and adheres to best practice guidelines from HSE in the combat of Covid-19. Employment agencies’ correspondence will be treated as SPAM under GDPR guideline.
Groovy Gecko is unique in more ways than one. Our team is full of genuine people who care about what they do and care about each other. We work in a collaborative, open-plan office, and being a small company, you’ll have a lot of autonomy in your role.
Everyone is very friendly and easy to have a chat with, and you can voice your opinion to anyone, including our CEO who likes to bring his two adorable cocker-spaniels, Panda and PJ, into the office on Wednesdays. We’re known for our innovative tools, progressive ways of working and our relationships with our clients. And although we don’t take ourselves too seriously (where’s the fun in that?), we do take our work and our technology seriously, and are proud to work with the best talent in the industry. We’re slowly making our way back to working in the office, with most people flexibly working from home and coming in a couple times a week.
Based in East London, our office was built from the ground up by our CEO, Craig, who had a clear vision for the space. We’ve recently refurbished the office to match our brand refresh, featuring a fully stocked drinks fridge and snack box, branded neon sign, modern kitchen and a hot desking open-floor plan!
Work with some of the biggest brands & advertising agencies in the world
Professional development budget and free online training resources
Encouragement of your ideas to innovate
Amazing Shoreditch location; 5 min from Old Street station
Assorted beverage bar on Fridays from 4pm!
This team mostly consists of people named Jo(h)n who write the code and help to continually push what our platforms and interactive tools can do. If you need something from a developer, we recommend you just shout “John” as there’s usually one around at any given time.
Our sales team builds relationships with potential clients while maintaining strong relationships with existing clients and staying on top of new inquiries and budgets without missing a beat! Our marketing manager liaises with our external agencies and looks after all things branding, content, social and events.
Our PM team closely looks after our live streaming events and ensures the rehearsals, equipment, venues, on-site internet connection, travel and anything associated with upcoming events, are all running smoothly and on-schedule. They are the point of call for our clients and are super organised and effective at communicating with them on a regular basis.
Our engineers set up everything ahead of the event to make sure the equipment is working properly and the live stream runs smoothly. You could say they’re the ‘doers’ of Groovy Gecko – they make the live event happen. They show up on-site, set up our equipment and production, manage our encoding machines, and deal with any technical issues on the spot.
This team is full of IT experts and problem solvers. They respond to all client technical queries and manage all of our internal systems, software, hardware and implementations.
Our accounts team manage all things finance and keep the money rolling in! They’re a lovely bunch who sit in our office dogs’ favourite area in the office, so they’re extremely envied in that respect.