become a gecko.
Groovy Gecko is unique in more ways than one. Our team is full of genuine people who care about what they do and care about each other. We work in a collaborative, open-plan office (pre-covid!), and being a small company, you’ll have a lot of autonomy in your role.
Everyone is very friendly and easy to have a chat with, and you can voice your opinion to anyone, including our CEO who likes to bring his two adorable cocker-spaniels, Panda and PJ, into the office on Wednesdays. We’re known for our innovative tools, progressive ways of working and our relationship with our clients. And although we don’t take ourselves too seriously (where’s the fun in that?), we do take our work and our technology seriously, and are proud to work with the best talent in the industry. We’re all still currently working from home due to Coronavirus, with some employees going into the office occasionally if needed, with the highest safety precautions taken.
Work with some of the biggest brands & advertising agencies in the world
Professional development budget and free online training resources
Encouragement of your ideas to innovate
Amazing Shoreditch location; 5 min from Old Street station
Assorted beverage bar on Fridays from 4pm!
This team mostly consists of people named Jo(h)n who write the code and help to continually push what our platforms and interactive tools can do. If you need one of our developers, we recommend you just shout “John” as there’s usually one around at any given time.
Our sales team builds relationships with potential clients while maintaining strong relationships with existing clients and staying on top of new inquiries and budgets without missing a beat! Our marketing manager liaises with our external agencies and looks after all things branding, content, social and events.
Our PM team closely looks after our live streaming events and ensures the rehearsals, equipment, venues, on-site internet connection, travel and anything associated with the upcoming events, are all running smoothly and on-schedule. They are the point of call for our clients and are super organised and effective at communicating with them on a regular basis.
Our engineers set up everything ahead of the event to make sure the equipment is working properly and the live stream runs smoothly. You could say they’re the ‘doers’ of Groovy Gecko – they make the live event happen. They show up on-site, set up our equipment and production, manage our encoding machines, and deal with any technical issues on the spot.
This team is full of IT experts and problem solvers. They respond to all client technical queries and manage our internal campaigns related to our systems and software implementations.
Our accounts team manage all things finance and keep the money rolling in! They’re a lovely bunch who sit in our office dogs’ favourite area in the office, so they’re extremely envied in that respect.
See what we’ve been up to.
Technical Webcast Producer / Live Streaming Engineer
Permanent Opportunity - Remote First and/or work in Shoreditch Office, London.This company, established in 1999, is one of the pioneers of live and on-demand streaming services in the UK and Europe, working with clients around the world. Over 350 clients include BP, O2, Nike, the UN, GHD, Investec, BBC, ARUP, Twitch, Samsung, Roche Facebook, the UK Parliament, XBOX, Channel4, Barclaycard, Universal Music and Warner Brothers.
Working from our offices in Old Street and remotely this position would suit a confident and capable individual with at least three years live streaming experience who is looking to develop their career with new challenges by joining a growing agency leading its field whilst being a key member of a dynamic and committed team. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in Live Event Webcasting, Technical Production, Broadcasting or Audio/Video Engineering, with a good understanding of current streaming technologies and platforms.
Reporting to the Webcast Engineering Team Leader and working as part of the webcasting team the successful candidate will need to be addicted to those live event ‘butterflies’ and be at ease under the pressure that live event webcasting can bring. A typical week might involve streaming live events (film premieres, car reveals, tech launches, fashion and game shows) on location to multiple Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube); at a corporate client’s head office using Groovy Gecko’s award-winning platforms or at our London based MCR having acquired the live feed via Bonded Network, Video Conference units or our Satellite Teleport. They will love working in and building up the team with an excellent phone manner, good verbal and written communication skills and appreciate what it means to be punctual. This is a client-facing, technical webcasting role so the candidate needs to love tech, but also be a 'people' person with a professional, pro-active 'can do' attitude. Due to the nature of streaming live event some evening and weekend working will be required with occasional international travel.
- Stream configuration and testing of webcast pages on various platforms
- In-house or remote setup and configuration of webcast equipment
- Live and on-demand testing of streams and pages
- Operation of Webcasting equipment
- On-site ‘Recce’ testing of Internet and 4G/5G bandwidth streaming capabilities
- Packing and transporting of equipment for use on-site
- Co-ordination and delivery of on-site rehearsals (basic Event Management)
- Co-ordination and delivery of live webcasts
- Managing encoders, audio and video feeds, slide synchronisation, Q&A moderation and polls
- In-house monitoring of webcast rehearsals and live events
- Preparation and management of on-demand content for webcasts (video editing and transcoding)
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a good understanding of live online video streaming and how it works
- Have experience of running VIRTUAL and HYBRID EVENTS
- Effectively manage their own time and priorities
- Show initiative with a proactive and flexible approach
- Follow and have a good understanding of current video production technologies
- Have a good working knowledge of streaming technologies (OBS, VMix Call, Wowza, Clearcasters, Wirecast, MS Teams, Zoom, Bluejeans, Streamyard)
- Experience of major streaming platforms (Akamai, Facebook, YouTube, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter)
- Have an excellent phone manner, good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Possess good time management skills and punctuality
- Have a proven ability to think logically and troubleshoot under pressure
- Be a good team player who can work collaboratively and contribute to the team
- Show initiative and have a positive, "can do" attitude
- Be proactive and work together with management to continually improve our processes
- Help innovate and increase customer success
- Have a good level of computer literacy (Windows, Mac, Office Suite, Adobe Premiere Pro for Editing)
- Have a good basic understanding of netowrking and internet streaming protocols (RTMP, WebRTC, SRT, TCP/IP, HTTP, IP, NDI, FTP)
About Groovy Gecko
Groovy Gecko is an equal opportunities employer. You must already be able to work in the UK. This position is based close to Old Street station with occasional UK, European and international travel and some unsociable hours working as is the nature of supporting international brands and live events. Our employees live by our corporate and personal values of being fair, honest, open, professional, and reliable. We are committed to keeping our staff safe during Covid-19 and are currently are working remotely. Salary: £26,000-£32,000 + Paid Overtime + Discretionary Bonus + Phone subsidy; dependent on experience based on experience, sick pay, phone allowance etc as well as discretionary bonus scheme Application deadline: 14th August, 2021 Expected start date: ASAP NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Please send an email with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t see your position? If you’re a techie/account manager/biz dev expert or sales genius, let’s chat anyway! Please email email@example.com with your CV.