become a gecko.
Groovy Gecko is unique in more ways than one. Our team is full of genuine people who care about what they do and care about each other. We work in a collaborative, open-plan office, and being a small company, you’ll have a lot of autonomy in your role.
Everyone is very friendly and easy to have a chat with, and you can voice your opinion to anyone, including our CEO who likes to bring his two adorable cocker-spaniels, Panda and PJ, into the office on Wednesdays. We’re known for our innovative tools, progressive ways of working and our relationships with our clients. And although we don’t take ourselves too seriously (where’s the fun in that?), we do take our work and our technology seriously, and are proud to work with the best talent in the industry. We’re slowly making our way back to working in the office, with most people flexibly working from home and coming in a couple times a week.
Based in East London, our office was built from the ground up by our CEO, Craig, who had a clear vision for the space. We’ve recently refurbished the office to match our brand refresh, featuring a fully stocked drinks fridge and snack box, branded neon sign, modern kitchen and a hot desking open-floor plan!
Work with some of the biggest brands & advertising agencies in the world
Professional development budget and free online training resources
Encouragement of your ideas to innovate
Amazing Shoreditch location; 5 min from Old Street station
Assorted beverage bar on Fridays from 4pm!
This team mostly consists of people named Jo(h)n who write the code and help to continually push what our platforms and interactive tools can do. If you need something from a developer, we recommend you just shout “John” as there’s usually one around at any given time.
Our sales team builds relationships with potential clients while maintaining strong relationships with existing clients and staying on top of new inquiries and budgets without missing a beat! Our marketing manager liaises with our external agencies and looks after all things branding, content, social and events.
Our PM team closely looks after our live streaming events and ensures the rehearsals, equipment, venues, on-site internet connection, travel and anything associated with upcoming events, are all running smoothly and on-schedule. They are the point of call for our clients and are super organised and effective at communicating with them on a regular basis.
Our engineers set up everything ahead of the event to make sure the equipment is working properly and the live stream runs smoothly. You could say they’re the ‘doers’ of Groovy Gecko – they make the live event happen. They show up on-site, set up our equipment and production, manage our encoding machines, and deal with any technical issues on the spot.
This team is full of IT experts and problem solvers. They respond to all client technical queries and manage all of our internal systems, software, hardware and implementations.
Our accounts team manage all things finance and keep the money rolling in! They’re a lovely bunch who sit in our office dogs’ favourite area in the office, so they’re extremely envied in that respect.
See what we’ve been up to.
Junior Desktop and Network Support Engineer, leading to Webcast Engineer
Starting Salary: £20 – £22k
The Key Bits ⚙️
- Location: Based in our London Hoxton / Old Street office 5 days a week and ad hoc travel in the UK / Internationally
- Hours of work: 9.00 am – 5.30 pm, flexitime
- Reports to: Support Team Leader / Head of Operation
- Perks: Flexitime, company events, subsidiaries etc.
FIND OUT MORE
The Role 💻
IT Support is certainly the super-glue that holds our busy live webcasting company together. The role can be demanding but immensely satisfying. This exciting role will suit someone who is interested in seeking to develop their skills in first-line support but in a unique company culture. We are very relaxed but very professional. By joining a small IT team, they will need to be pro-active and have strong communication skills to enable them to resolve technical issues by phone, remotely or in person for both internal and external clients.
The successful Support Engineer job applicant will be a logical thinker, able to demonstrate technical problem-solving skills in a time-efficient manner. They will have excellent communication skills, telephone manner, and a good command of the English language. They will be a polite, presentable individual, with a dynamic, go-getting attitude. They will work well individually and as part of a team. They should be a punctual individual, with the ability to meet deadlines and have methodical administration skills of the highest standard.
Main duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
Technical & Practical
- Provide first line telephone, remote desktop and hands-on support for desktops (95% W10 + 5% Mac) and servers.
- Work in a small team to support 30 people in London, California and Macedonia.
- Triage and respond to internal and external support calls and emails including Enterprise and Media clients.
- Support administration via Jira ticketing.
- Manage GPO for local and windows domains.
- Basic network administration and troubleshooting on multiple redundant networks.
- Administration of cloud / on-prem hybrid 3CX voice network
- Monitor Azure backups and other administration etc.
- VPN gateway administration.
- Conforming IT and Security setup to ISO 27001 standards.
- Attend client weekly calls and discuss open trouble tickets.
- Conduct monthly security review meetings.
- Plan penetration testing and DR/BC exercising.
- Assist with basic practical, office administration, booking couriers, meeting guests etc.
- Perform problem isolation and resolution for user IT issues.
- Setting up desktops, laptops, tablets and phones.
- Installing, configuring, and upgrading new and existing applications on PCs/laptops.
- Managing user accounts, groups, and file permissions in Active Directory.
- Provide any additional or 1:1 user guidance supporting Windows 10, Office 365, and other third-party applications.
- Supporting the firm’s network printers, scanners.
- Undertake ongoing housekeeping activities such as daily server backup checks, Windows updates, routine software updates for client/backend server applications and maintaining electronic records with regards to equipment allocation, loans, and purchases.
- Set up, configure, test, and troubleshoot teleconferencing equipment.
- On-board, train and educate new starters on the companies’ systems in line with GDPR obligations.
- Help on-board external clients in the use of our remote webcasting / production solutions.
- Train to support 3rd party video platforms.
- Minimum GSCE including English and Maths.
- Likely to have studied post GCSE in IT-specific courses.
- At least 12 months of experience working within a customer-based support role.
- Good working knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office suites.
- Basic PC maintenance skills are essential
- Some experience in installing and upgrading computer software/hardware is essential
- Some Windows server OS experience would be advantageous.
- Basic Windows Active Directory knowledge, preferred but not essential
- Basic knowledge of network patching (CAT-5e / CAT-6) is essential
- Experience with JIRA or another trouble-ticket system
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical employees and clients.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent customer service.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision..
- Ability to work tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently..
- Ability to pick up systems and procedures quickly.
- Ability to record activities in ticketing system to the appropriate level .
Personal Qualities / Behaviours
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure.
- Enthusiastic self-motivated team player with the proven ability to work within a demanding environment and able to demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Patience and ability to remain calm under pressure, whilst showing initiative at all times and an ability to apply a lateral thought process to problem resolution.
- Willing to travel in the UK and internationally on occasion.
Possibility for cross-training and career development path to Video / Live events / IT-based Production workflows:
Video / Live events / IT-based Production workflow Specification/Duties
- Training to become an encoding engineer and go out to gigs. This could be for Facebook (Groovy Gecko are Facebook preferred partners), YouTube, Twitch etc.
- Training to become a GGHUB operator – including managing live event video feeds from BT Tower, Satellite, LiveU etc.
- Helping test our installation – software and hardware testing.
- Enterprise video and support to enterprise clients such as BP.
- Supporting OVP (online video platforms).
- Understanding AWS and Akamai workflows and platforms.
- Conducting live events on EckoEnterprise platform..
TikTok Strategist / Social Media Manager
The Key Bits ⚙️
- Employment type: Permanent. Full-time or 4 days per week
- Remote status: 2 days working in the office, hybrid/remote
- Interviews: 2 stages totalling around 2 hours
- Reporting to: Starlin Marot, Marketing and Culture Manager
- Start date: ASAP
FIND OUT MORE
Our Agency 💻
We’re a fast-growing production and live streaming agency, delivering live events to millions of people every year. From working with Nike on a product launch, to filming album releases for music artists or financial results presentations for FTSE 100 companies, our clients come from a wide range of exciting industries.
Where you come in, bestie.✨
- We’re looking for an enthusiastic TikTok Strategist to join our marketing team to better show who we are on social media – Cool. Cutting Edge. Relevant. (And fun)! We need you to help us stand out and improve our brand awareness by getting our name out there! You’ll have loads of autonomy in your role, so we need someone who’s confident, enthusiastic and a self-starter who can get stuck in and crack on straight away with their plans.
- You’ll run our social accounts and reporting to our Marketing Manager to develop strategies and create TikTok and IG reel videos for our brand, posting at least one TikTok / Reel every day, as well as managing our other social media accounts. Whether that’s funny videos of our office culture, showing before and afters of our recent office refurbishment, or finding interesting ways to showcase the events we work on with clients.
- You’ll also be going on-site to most of our exciting client events such as Amazon Prime show releases, charity campaigns, and press events, getting behind-the-scenes footage to create fun, interesting content. You’ll be working mostly on social events we do (B2C events that are streamed to social media), but it would be great to get someone on board who’s keen to come up with ideas for how we can talk about and promote the corporate conferences and business events we also do, in a cool, relatable way.
- You’ll assist with marketing tasks including writing blogs and case studies, which will help you understand the events and our technology better, and ultimately help you create better video content. You’ll also be in charge of reporting on social media activities and presenting data and new ideas to the Marketing Manager each month.
We could be a match made in heaven if…
- You’re extremely proactive and enthusiastic looking for autonomy in your role
- You’re a natural storyteller with excellent writing skills
- You’re knowledgeable in Adobe Premiere photo and video editing
- You’re used to posting on TikTok and Instagram Reels
- You know all the trending TikTok sounds, even before they blow up!
- You’re happy to spend the time it takes to build an account (posting consistently, interacting with other accounts to build following, research trending hashtags and ways to improve account following)
- You have an endless number of ideas for funny and relatable content
- You’re keen to learn about the events and tech industry
- You’re outgoing and able to get the GG team involved for videos if necessary!
Show me the benefits! 💅
You’ll be working alongside a friendly group of people in a company with a start-up feel and lots of autonomy in your role! You’ll also get:
- Regular socials (think pottery classes, Flight Club, mini golf)
- 24 paid holidays (plus bank holidays)
- A casual office dress code (jeans, hoodies, trainers encouraged)
- An amazing office location 5 min from Old Street Station
- Cocktail Fridays from 4pm
- Office dogs!
The first stage of the interview process is a quick phone call to chat about your experience and interests, the second stage is a casual in-person meeting, and the third stage will be preparing a TikTok video in line with our tone of voice / goals and presenting how you would improve our social media following to our Marketing Manager and Business Director.
Email email@example.com with your CV, links to your social media accounts and a bit about yourself to apply!